Wednesday, January 31, 2018

#245 Hump Day - Think Quasimodo not the Fun stuff . . .

Hi. Hello. So - did you catch that?

It was historic. Once in a lifetime.

Well, a human being lifetime. I'm sure there are tortoises or whales that have been around during one of these events. Thousands of trees. . . bugs . . . anyway -

Last night was the United States State of the Uniom address by President Trump ... that wasn't what I was referring to earlier, it's just an aside really, once I mentioned bugs I recollected that it was only last night that DJT rambled. 

Anyway - it was the Super/Blue/Blood Moon AND Total Lunar Eclipse in one event!!! It reached it's peak around 4:20 this morning . . . that HAS to be a sign of some sort.

I took a photo of it. See:
Super Blue Blood Moon and Total Lunar Eclipse by EB

It looked much better with my own eyes.... SERIOUSLY!!! 


My friend Greg Lincoln actually went out in the cold, and set up his actual camera, used his knowledge, and talent and captured a much better shot.


See? Much better. Point is - if I wanted to capture the moment to share with all of you - I should've just stayed in bed. Gotten a full nights rest then talk about Greg's amazing photo of the event.

Greg was able to share that moment with all of us. My experience was for me. The experience was humbling, awe-inspiring, and incredibly cool. 

As an aside, and an experience shared with my neighbor - I did run outside to try to take a better photo. I was in my Commando shorts and winter boots in the frigid gusting wind bathed in the muted light of this rare celestial event. I didn't get to even take a photo - it was just NOT meant to be.

But this post was - 

No comments: