Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Reverence



Like most folks today in the U.S. I slept in.

I had a warm shower. I had electricity. I also have peace of mind regarding my safety from attack from an enemy force.

I have these things because of the self-less service of hundreds of thousands of our fellow-men who put their lives on the line for their country.

These are pictures of my half-brother. He served in Kuwait and got home safely a few months ago.

I went about my activities with a sense of relief that I could spend it with family and not have to toil. It would be selfish of me - not to acknowledge that I've been able to enjoy today without the aide of our military men and women. Thank you for today - I couldn't have had it with out you.

3 comments:

@eloh said...

I like the fingers sticking up out of the tank.
Great pictures.

darsden said...

Amen Bob, Amen! Freedom is never Free. I am so blessed to live in the United States of America! Proud American Amen. Excellent Post Bob!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely correct Bob. Thank you to all the troops both present and past!