Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wednesday - A day like no other.

Welcome my friends. It is the historic 54th post. There will never be another one. Most people take the time, this time of year to reflect on the past year, and plan for the new. I'll be getting to that a little later.

First off, I want to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas. Some of you are in difficult times, and are finding it painful to try to find the joy of the season. Others are experiencing the enjoyment that comes when being with friends and family and reflecting on the blessings in your life.

Which ever group you are in, I'm glad to spend this time with you. I have a deep appreciation for my family, friends and acquaintances in my life. I attribute this to growing up in remote bush Alaska. Life was hard, but good. I imagine there is difficulty everywhere, but I've been able to rely on a few, and happily those few have grown to many over the years. There are few times when I exhibit my sincerity in words, so I hope that I haven't cheapened it with previous cynicism. As you celebrate Christmas - I hope that you are able to reflect on the sacrifice our Father in Heaven gave to us, in His only begotten Son in the flesh, and the sacrifice our Savior gave to us, with his own life. May there be tidings of comfort and joy, as the reason for the season touches your heart.

So now I'm going to reflect a bit: I've actually given this some thought. 1983. Not much happened that year. I turned 8 that year. I was in the third grade. Ms. Mojin was my teacher. Return of the Jedi came out, and ended the Star Wars trilogy, so I thought. Michael Jackson's Thriller made its debut. I mean it was no 1982, several huge things happened in that year, very formative. And 1984 was even bigger. So 1983 was just kind of a filler. It's difficult to come up with anything specific. I mean, even with Star Wars, I remember going to the theatre, and I saw it twice in the theatre. The second time I fell asleep, because I got bored. So if there is no objection, I'm going to place a 'Meh' with 1983. . . . So it is.

My friends - once again Merry Christmas. I look forward to seeing you eye to eye someday, and sharing some laughs.


"Bells? I don't hear anything."

"If you take the time, and want to, you will."

"How about after our stroll, we go get some drinks?"

"Oh that would be lovely. I would like to see what Thomas is up to at the diner."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Insightful, even serious... bordering on the solemn.

Perhaps we should review the proper use of commas.

Anonymous said...

1983 happens to be the year of my birth, very important and not at all Meh, I strongly object!!