Friday, December 5, 2008

Missed it by that much!

Here is a picture of the Aurora Borealis - most commonly known as the Northern Lights. Yeah - they get pretty spectacular. It's been years though since I've seen some really intense lights, mostly because where I've been living, I usually see just the greenish haze, which is eerie and awesome in its own right.

So we didn't make the historic 1000 visitors on the 40th post. As of this posting, there have been 997 visitors. Quite amazing actually that people still come back. I guess it's because it is akin to watching a horrible accident in progress, you just can't take your eyes off of it.

The first week of December is already over. I can't believe it. Today is my younger sister's b-day. So props to her. Don't drink it all in one sitting!

We're not sure what our plans for the weekend are, it may involve some family pictures for the Christmas card - but who knows. Maybe it'll just include the usual, re-enactment of various Simpson episodes. No one in my family has seen an episode of The Simpsons, other than me, so I'm the only one who gets the joke. Amber's expressed serious concern, but I know what's up.

I'd like to thank my followers who have placed captions on Hector. He found them rather amusing. Don't mind if he knocks on your door in the next day or two, he just wants to say "Thanks."

I spoke to a friend of mine the other day, he told me that he had gone to see the movie "Twilight". Now - I had told him that it is a total chick flick and really has nothing to do with vampires. This is a direct quote: 'The commercials made it look so cool though.'

Let me tell you a little about advertising. The purpose of it, is to make you think that what ever is being pitched is a "Good idea." Why do think there were are so many Chia Pets sold - still!?!?!

The other day, my friend and associate Grant went to a luncheon of one our professional groups. Usually it is a guest speaker of some significance in the financial/professional industry and community. That days guest speaker were two Marines for the Toys for Tots program. We love our military, and love the program - let me make that clear. We love them. We sometimes need restraining orders against us because of our love for them, laws have been passed. . .

So the article I posted the other day about the fat German soldiers, well I guess we had a dumb Marine. His presentation was made up of personal stories that really had nothing to do with either a) the Marines or b) Toys for Tots.

In fact, he spoke of quite intimate topics and used finger quotations all wrong:

Marine: I've been in "Alaska" for about seven months. I was getting ready to be deployed to "Iraq" when I had a "heart-attack". So now I'm "here". I have a girlfriend in "Texas" that had my "kid" (ok, this is Bob, maybe that finger quote was actually correct, but I digress). I'm hoping to get my job back at "Hardee's". If you're ever in Wyoming, ask for 'Wild Bill'. " " (Bob again, I don't know if you caught that, but that was finger quotes over nothing. Just random finger quoting.)

Have a great weekend everybody!!


"It's late, you should really just get back to bed. You need your rest. We'll go for a stroll tomorrow after breakfast. I promise."

Glares.

"Please, just go back to bed and try to get some sleep."

Turns, and walks surprisingly deftly back to the room. Shuts the door. Sobs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kara had never seen the Nothern Lights until we spent a Christmas in Canada years ago. She was awestruck. I just think they're a great way for the Great Spirit to show off.