Friday, October 17, 2008

Preparation

It may come as a shock to many of you that I do not put a lot of thought into these blogs. I mean, they're blogs to capture the randomness of thought. Some may take them a little more seriously as a new form of golden plates to record their history, or even more as a glorified soap box to upstage the "Man" and become their own version of Bob Woodward. So here goes my thoughts, and damn right it is "My Way or the Highway".

I take this time to reflect back, Halloween is two weeks away people. Is that reflecting forward? Anywho. . . back in the day when I was in Rural Idaho gaining secondary education to pave the road for my future; My roommate Steve and I were concocting an idea to help bring some festive mood to the otherwise conservative, rural town of Rexburg. Everyone else was purchasing pumpkins and decorating them by cutting them open, scooping out the innards, cutting designer holes and placing a candle inside. Steve and I didn't think that way.

We pooled our loose change together, mostly nickels, lint and pennies. Steve would often revert to using his home currency of Canadian nickels, with the beaver on it. Once we realized we didn't have enough money, we went over to the girls apartments and kyfed a small pumpkin. Steve would distract the girls, by showing them his Canadian currency followed by an Irish Jig, while scatting to the tune of Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam. I would look over several of the Marrows (squash, which includes the pumpkin) and pick out one that would suit our needs. After interrupting Steve's scat to see if it was fine with him, I then swiped the pumpkin.

Once back to our lair - Steve and I feverishly worked on our pumpkin. After a fist fight and post fight make-up cuddling we unveiled our masterpiece.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked at the picture first and didn't realize it was Steve. My own husband!!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog page Bob!
You have way too much time on your hands or fingertips.
Fightnight Saturday don't forget the snacks.

Anonymous said...

I miss those post-fight cuddles.

Anonymous said...

Kara - I often look at pictures of myself and don't recognize who I am. Heck, I even look in the mirror and don't recognize myself. So many repressed memories. . .

Anonymous said...

I look in the mirror but there's no reflection. Should I be concerned?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've really taken to Twilight. . . I'm sure you have an Edmund shrine in your closet.