Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Written word?

I'm in a strange place. . . oh - it's my blog. The very thing that brought about all things possible; it introduced me to my wife and is the father of my children.

OK. I'm exaggerating. It didn't introduce me to my wife.

Summer is on the decline here in the AK - folks are getting ready to get back to work after taking significant time off; and it's school registration time, and time to try to get the boys back on some sort of normal sleep schedule.

This summer was an awakening to the boys. They realized that they could sleep in - and stay up late. . . until this summer they thought it was mandatory for all people to be in bed and asleep by 8:30PM. Then the sleep overs happened.

"Dad - Jake stays up till 1 AM and doesn't get up until noon! Can I do that?"

"No."

"Dad - Zach stays up until 4 AM! Can I do that?"

"No."

Then there were the actual sleep overs - Caleb came home grouchy and feeling kinda sick.

"What time did you go to sleep?"

"Six. We played video games all night!

"What time did you wake up?"

"10"

"And you're not feeling very well?"

"No - I'm gonna go to bed."

"But it's only 8:30"

"I know - but I think I'll feel better after sleeping."

"Good boy -"

1 comment:

the ginabean said...

Yeah...sometimes experience is the best teacher...